03 October 2011

Miracle


Addra is not much of a sleeper. Lots of reasons, confluence of factors, blah blah blah, la-di-da. The point is that it is very unusual for her to sleep even three or four hours straight without a little help.

Which is why last night was such a miracle. Brice set her down asleep in her bed around 8:45. Usually we say to ourselves, “Okay, great. Now we’ve got thirty minutes before she wakes up again.” But last night, instead, we prayed for a little help. And also for a little more faith.

We didn’t hear from her again until 6:30 in the morning, when Brice accidentally made some loud noise that probably woke her. She slept almost ten hours. Ten hours! Amazing!

I’m so grateful for those moments when we reach out in our imperfect faith and God reaches back, creating experiences so far beyond our comprehension and imagination. What is in store for Addra’s sleeping habits I do not know. But I do know that last night was a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment