03 January 2012

Day #9: Ladies Dancing (and absolutely no bad poetry! hooray!)


Today poetic form vastly fails to inspire me (as opposed to all those other days on which I am a veritable poet laureate… no, really, haven’t you noticed yet?). I shall, instead, mention this: my favorite “ladies dancing” are my daughters.

Coriel seems to be a little confused about weddings. I blame Disney. She gets that she should marry a nice young man in the temple for all eternity, but she seems to think the only other necessary element is a dance.

“Will you marry me, prince?” she says to her daddy (or sometimes me).

“Yes, of course I will marry you, princess!”

“Let’s dance.” Then they hold hands and swing around in a couple of circles. “Okay, we’re married!” she says with delight, and she gives him a hug and says, “I love you.”

Addra, on the other hand, is still a bit too little to dance of her own accord (although some of her staggering around does look rather orchestrated, and she is inclined to be quite musical). But her daddy picks her up and swings her around until she squeals with delight. And sometimes he plays music on his phone and they waltz around the room (he also waltzes her to sleep not infrequently!). She loves it.

I have the great blessing of getting to be the observer of these moments. I see the love shining in my daughters’ eyes when they look at their daddy, and see his love for them shining back. Pretty much there’s a lot of shininess going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment