05 January 2017

Meal #1, 11th Day

 So! Yesterday's aspirational groceries turned into an awesome meal with an awful smoothie.

The smoothie was not entirely my fault. It was the fault of the people who packaged stuff together that made me say, "Yum, that sounds healthy and intriguing." And then afterwards, "Yikes."

The delicious meal involved black bean burgers with jalapeno in them, topped with guacamole and fancy corn. Also, much fresh lime was involved. And you may not remember how I feel about fresh lime, but let's just say the word "heaven" was used extensively. Predictably, the children were repulsed. Except Koa, who actually ate some of it! I didn't even have to slather it in condiments.


In other news, today is the eve of Three Kings Day. Have we yet sufficiently established how much I love this holiday? I just think it's fun and awesome and also I love the wise men. Anyway, nothing profound to say. Just happy Three Kings Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for black bean burgers! Boo for the smoothie false advertising...
    Lime... Yum! I have a lime olive oil that is so tasty on salad with some delicious balsamic vinegar. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete