Every once in a while I think of some random skill that is really like to perfect. So now I thought I'd start writing them down. Here are the ones I've recently thought of:
Cooking crispy fish skin
Chopping veggies fast like a chef
Lock picking
Contact juggling
Does anyone else have a random skills bucket list?
In other news, I made the fourth and last aspirational groceries meal. Three of four turned out yummy--black bean burgers, avocado tomato soup, and tonight's chicken kebabs. This was the most Mediterranean meal I've ever made. Kebabs, tzatziki sauce (spelling?), a salad with kalamata olives and feta, dates, fancy grape juice, pasta! Whoa nellie. Brice and I looked it, though as usual the kids were not big fans. Too bad for them.
On the other hand, Ammon has been grabbing for all the things. And wanting to eat all the things! So he's been trying little bits of lots of stuff. Including, today, tomatoes, a new baby food, grape juice (just a tiny sip, but his face was awesome), clementine, and an accidental goldfish crackers. Oops. So at least one of our kids likes variety.
Folding fitted sheets!
ReplyDeleteMaking yogurt
I know that there are other items on my random skills bucket list. Just can't think of them right now...
I like your list! I should add cooking crispy fish skin to my list as well...
Go Ammon!
I feel so cool that I have at least vaguely learned the skill of folding fitted sheets. Not great, but at least passable! Yay! :)
DeleteI haven't formalized mine, but mine also includes Lock Picking, Contact Juggling, and Chopping veggies fast like a chef. I have a set of lockpicks, although I haven't used them hardly at all -- if you have any good tips there, please share, I've considered going to a LockSport meeting -- looks like there is one every 4th wednesday of the month 13 minutes from your house too btw :) -- kite surfing is another one that is on my list, but first I have to become a better swimmer I think. I'm waiting to get some nice knives for chopping veggies til my kids are a bit older, although they are pretty well behaved with the knives atm, so maybe not necessary.
ReplyDeleteCoolness about the LockSport thing. I confess that right now I'm doing nothing to learn these skills, but writing them down has definitely made me think about it more. It's still all kind of vague and hypothetical though.
DeleteExcept I do have the contact juggling ball and book you bought me forever ago, so there's that! :) And once upon a time, I had started mastering the first skill!
Hmmmm, I wonder what it says about our family that three of you (Simon has a book and a ball as well, and I believe has mastered the first skill...?) want to learn contact juggling. First of all, so cool that we know what contact juggling is! Secondly, you're just super cool people to want to learn it!
ReplyDeleteIt means we have all watched Labyrinth! :)
Delete