12 November 2011

Juggling Ninjas: An Excerpt


“Okay, I know this is going to sound completely crazy,” Sam said.

“Oh, I like it already.”

He grinned. “I thought you would. Sooo… there’s this weird performing group I just heard about. Apparently they’re like ninja jugglers sort of.”

I stared at him. “Are you serious? Ninja jugglers?”

“I know, right? The coolest thing ever?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“But wait, it gets better.”

“Are they juggling panda bears or something?”

“Nope. Fruit.”

“How exactly is that better?”

“Because they’re juggling fruit… and knives.”

“Yeah, but all jugglers juggle knives.”

“Yeah, but not all jugglers juggle knives and cut up the fruit that they’re juggling while they’re juggling it.”

“No way.”

“Yeah.”

“That is the best thing I have ever heard of. Where are they playing and how much do I have to pay to see them?”

“Wait wait, there’s more!”

“Are you going to throw in a set of ginsu knives for free?”

“No, but I am going to throw in free fruit smoothies as part of admission. Fruit smoothies made… by the juggling ninjas.”

“Oh please, oh please, oh please tell me that we’re going there. Tell me that you have tickets for me!”

“As a matter of fact, I think I do.”

“Sam, you are absolutely the best.”

3 comments:

  1. More! more! more!

    I was just thinking today how I would totally love to just....read your novel.

    But I also knew I would so not let you read MY novel in return, so it wouldn't entirely be fair.

    ....but maybe I can share my ninja appearance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd pay a lot to go to their show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it already! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete