I used to go to the library and go straight to the scifi section. Now I go straight to the kids section. I love picture books! Ever so many of them are clever or fun or silly. Some are lame, but you can often weed those out by their lame covers. I often take many of the books from the display of new books and check them out. Fun! Oh, and it provides lots of happy quality time reading to youngins. So now, even when I'm by myself, I'm most likely to be found in the children's section. Course those that know me know I'm comfiest with kids stuff half the time anyway, so I guess it's no surprise.
But it sure is delightful. You've found many a gem this way!
ReplyDeleteWe just checked out "The Incredible Book Eating Boy" and my kids love it! Simon found one called, "I Saw A Bullfrog" that has pictures of all those crazy animals that one kind of animal, but called another. Like catfish, etc. We love the pictures! Kids books are so awesome! And guess what? At our library, our checkout limit is 200 books. Can you believe that? Holy moly...
ReplyDelete