18 November 2011

recent

C's bday party (4 yrs) yday was at the bouncy place at the mall. She bounced, ran, played and generally had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who came! Then pizza and playing at our house, then 3 of the 5 men present went to stake priesthood leadership meeting (excellent counsel about personal priesthood interviews). Today fun, phone calls from various people (thanks!), and playing w/ Aunt Dawn and a mini-party at Jim and Jean's. Now we're putting our very tired kidlets to bed. Then J has to write like crazy and we can collapse into bed.

Handbook 2 (TCoJCoLDS) church manual is excellent. We were recently assigned to review the last 2 world wide leadership trainings, which were all about it. I've been listening to them during commutes and finally finished today. So now I've been reading the first few chapters of the revised handbook and thinking that it is really good. If you have any ward council calling in the church, I highly recommend getting to know the whole thing.

Work continues to be extremely stressful with lots of varied responsibilities that only I can handle. But soon enough this round of contract stuff will have to be over and that will be a big weight off.

J is over 40K words now! Closing in on the finish - go wifey!

I've played a few rounds of league of legends recently and think it's pretty fun. Biggest bonus - it's completely free! Gotta love that! I also tried elder scrolls oblivion, but willl have to try it again with some decent mods and see if that improves it any. So far not as good as the other one.

Sushi buffet today was better than average. I go because the people I go with love it and are kind enough to invite me along.

Relatively chilly weather here recently, but it still surprises me the difference with UT, where winter definitely comes earlier. I used to thimk I was an all-seasons guy, but I think I'm probably better rated as just a 3-season item : ) maybe someday we'll live somewhere with even shoter, milder winters. Must come from my tropics heritage (place, not lineage, but still a shout out to my equatorial gentlefolk).

No comments:

Post a Comment